blinkie

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dale & Mathea & Rajani & Steph & Cheryl - Day #1

In the spirit of Julie and Julia today I made [click the name of the dish to see the full recipe from Steph's blog] Penne with Sausage & Escarole courtesy of the fabulous Steph @ Live.Love.Eat.  I altered her original dish to make it a tad healthier. This recipe called for sausage links but I replaced the pork with Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage grain meat.  And I replaced the parmesan cheese with Follow Your Heart rice cheese that sprinkles like Parmesan. I replaced the Penne pasta with wheat free gluten free Quinoa supergrain pasta shells.  I also used fresh asparagus in the place of Escarole since my market had none, sun dried tomatoes, red peppers, fresh basil and dill.  Other than those alterations the recipe is pretty much the same.

And here's what my modified version looks like from my Blackberry.  I tried to focus as closely as possible in natural light:
IMG00315.jpg

My altered version is quite delicious so I'm sure that Steph's original dish is mouthwatering.  It's an inexpensive, easy, quick and filling meal.

Live.Love.Eat and Enjoy!
AYP1501039 - Fingers in a peace sign
Peace out until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be authentic